nafex - [nafex] Re: freshwater algae for compost, mulch etc

  • From: "Christopher Mauchline" <mauch1@aol.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Re: freshwater algae for compost, mulch etc
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 20:26:57 -0000

Scott,
Are you just watering from a pond w/ algae in it or are you using
the "muck" from the bottom of a pond or is this a commercial product
you're using?

I know that the "muck" is good fertilizer, but whether it is the
right thing for your fruit trees I don't know. I use the muck from
an ornamental pond on rhubarb, which is a heavy feeder.

Chris Mauchline
SE PA, zone 6

--- In nafex@y..., "sbrenman@n..." <sbrenman@n...> wrote:
> I;ve been using some pand algae around fruit trees, but have no
idea what
> kind of benefit it has, just assume that it must be beneficial to
some
> degree. Is there any hard data or long term experience with non-
marine
> algaes?
>
> Scott
>

> NetZero Platinum
> No Banner Ads and Unlimited Access
> Sign Up Today - Only $9.95 per month!
> http://www.netzero.net

ClubMom is the first free organization dedicated to rewarding and celebrating
Moms! Join today - it's free - and get your chance to win
http://us.click.yahoo.com/wq6iUD/TFaCAA/OZ8EAA/VTJVlB/TM