nafex - Re: [nafex] Re: freshwater algae for compost, mulch etc

  • From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Re: freshwater algae for compost, mulch etc
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 16:30:53 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

If you have an ornamental pond with fish, the water from the pond is great
for watering. The ammonia produced by the fish breakdown to
nitrite/nitrates through bacterial action.

Follow up by searching for "aquarium cycle" in any of the search engines.

tom

--
Thomas Olenio
Ontario, Hardiness Zone 6a

On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, Christopher Mauchline wrote:

> Scott,
> Are you just watering from a pond w/ algae in it or are you using
> the "muck" from the bottom of a pond or is this a commercial product
> you're using?
>
> I know that the "muck" is good fertilizer, but whether it is the
> right thing for your fruit trees I don't know. I use the muck from
> an ornamental pond on rhubarb, which is a heavy feeder.
>
> Chris Mauchline
> SE PA, zone 6
>
> --- In nafex@y..., "sbrenman@n..." <sbrenman@n...> wrote:
> > I;ve been using some pand algae around fruit trees, but have no
> idea what
> > kind of benefit it has, just assume that it must be beneficial to
> some
> > degree. Is there any hard data or long term experience with non-
> marine
> > algaes?
> >
> > Scott
> >

> > NetZero Platinum
> > No Banner Ads and Unlimited Access
> > Sign Up Today - Only $9.95 per month!
> > http://www.netzero.net

ClubMom is the first free organization dedicated to rewarding and celebrating
Moms! Join today - it's free - and get your chance to win
http://us.click.yahoo.com/wq6iUD/TFaCAA/OZ8EAA/VTJVlB/TM