nafex - [nafex] Re: cider apples

  • From: "Christopher Mauchline" <mauch1@aol.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Re: cider apples
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 14:22:38 -0000

Mike,
I have a book on cider making that your welcome to borrow if you
don't already have it. It does discuss varieties in it. I think
it's entitled "Sweet & Hard Cider, Making it, enjoying it and Using
it"

I did have an article from the American Wine Society Journal on
recommended varieties for making apple wine (which is almost, but not
quite the same thing). But it would be difficult for me to locate it.

I've attached some cider links in case you don't have these
Andrew Lea's Cidermaking Contents Page:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/andrew_lea/content2.htm

The Real Cider and Perry Page:
http://web.bham.ac.uk/GraftonG/cider/homepage.htm