nafex - Re: [nafex] Re: Spring pruning - apple and grape

  • From: Suzi Teghtmeyer <srt175f@smsu.edu>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Re: Spring pruning - apple and grape
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 09:29:23 -0600

There are at least two great sources of info about Grape Training Systems on the web:

Home Fruit Production: Grape Training Systems
by Henry F. DiCarlo and Chad Finn, Department of Horticulture, University of Missouri-Columbia
nicely illustrated and shows traing year-by-year.

http://muextension.missouri.edu/xplor/agguides/hort/g06090.htm

The Mid-Atlantic Winegrape Grower's Guide by Tony K. Wolf - a 132-page production guide (online in .pdf format) which provides a comprehensive view on vineyard establishment and operation.
---Chapters 5 & 6 address training systems
http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/resources/winegrape/

I haven't checked yet by Michigan State and UC-Davis sites may have more "Extension bulletins" on grape training.  If I find anything for apple training I'll pass it along, too.

These sites and more are compiled at: Fruit Science and Industry Links
http://library.smsu.edu/paulevans/frtlinks.htm

----Suzi Teghtmeyer

Head, Paul Evans Library of Fruit Science
SMSU Mountain Grove Campus
9740 Red Spring Rd, Mountain Grove, MO 65711
Phone: 417-926-4105, Fax: 417-926-6646,  email: srt175f@smsu.edu
Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
www.debticated.com