nafex - Re: [nafex] Re: Spring pruning - apple and grape

  • From: Ginda Fisher <ginda@concentric.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Re: Spring pruning - apple and grape
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 23:52:00 -0500

Chris, thanks for all the links. Now, revealing my vast ignorance about
grapes: What's the difference between cane and spur training? The vine
is growing up one side of a "rose arch" which I hope to use as a
trellis. It is high enough to remove the top of the plant from easy
reach of deer and rabbits, and I was hoping to train the vine across the
top in a sort of mini arbor.

Ginda

http://us.click.yahoo.com/n4HqaC/DMUCAA/4ihDAA/VTJVlB/TM