nafex - [nafex] Weeping or bleeding

  • From: rmturley@aol.com
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Weeping or bleeding
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 20:07:13 EST

In a message dated 3/18/2001 10:41:19 AM Central Standard Time,
lonrom@hevanet.com writes:

I get this from time to time.  It is more common in some varieties than
others and apparently is just sap that moves out of the cutting when it
takes up water.  I think it happens more often when cuttings are taken late
in the season and some sap has started to move in the vine.

I have notice a similiar situation when pruning grapes late, especially Vitis
rotunifolia just at bud swell, they will often weep profusely!  However, it
will stop and never seems to hurt them.

Robert Turley
Lake Charles, Louisiane

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor