nafex - [nafex] Growing strawberries in containers

  • From: Debby Williams <debby@debbywilliams.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Growing strawberries in containers
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 08:59:58 -0500

Hello all,

I would like to grow strawberries in strawberry pots this year (I cannot
grow them in the ground - long story) and have several questions for
anyone that may have done this.

I have found a variety - Cardinal - at the supplier I buy from (Krohne
in Dowagiac, MI) that has a description that states "it is best for
hanging baskets....will usually set fruit on unrooted runners..." does
anyone have experience with this variety?

Also, I am seeking advice for what type of soil to use in the pots and
how often to feritilize. Any other suggestions or voices of experience
are also appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

--
Debby Williams
Author of Fruit and Urban Kitchen Gardening e-zines at:

We give away $70,000 a month! Come to iWin.com for
your chance to win!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/r_1oCB/BJVCAA/4ihDAA/VTJVlB/TM