nafex - [nafex] Cinnamon Spice apple

  • From: Lucky Pittman <Lucky.Pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Cinnamon Spice apple
  • Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 16:10:59 -0600

At 08:57 PM 02/20/2001 +0000, Mark Lee wrote:
>The only source listed is the Living Tree
>Centre of Berkeley (no phone number listed). I couldn't find any
>reference to this nursery on the internet.
>They are also listed as the ones that
>discovered the variety Cinnamon Spice that has a "very rich, sharp
>cinnamon flavor which lasts in the mouth for some time". Marketing
>hype, or do these flavorful apples really exist?

Mark,
I've got Cinnamon Spice somewhere in my orchard, but either it's not
fruited yet, or I never got around to sampling it if it has.
Now, if I could just find the keyboard to my old PB 286 computer, where the
orchard map is, I could figure out which tree it is, since I've promised
scions to another NAFEX member.

Lucky Pittman
USDA Zone 6
Hopkinsville, KY