nafex - [nafex] Re: Re: an good idea.....maybe

  • From: Debby Williams <debby@debbywilliams.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Re: Re: an good idea.....maybe
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 16:40:13 -0500

I want to put in a good word for the quince - my mother makes a crabapple
quince jelly that is
very good. I had one quince tree in my yard at a rental house and that was
all that was needed
to supply plenty of them for the jelly. The tree just grew - I didn't do
anything to help it
along and got very large fruit.

--
Debby Williams
Author of Fruit and Urban Kitchen Gardening e-zines at:

> Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 23:39:37 -0000
> From: lostman_amiga@yahoo.com
> Subject: Re: an good idea.....maybe
>
> --- In nafex@y..., Ginda Fisher <ginda@c...> wrote:
> > I'd recommend fig over quince. Everyone I know who's grown fig, or
> > lived near fig has raved about fresh fig, which is otherwise
> > unavailable. The only person I know who grew quince dug it out because
> > he decided it wasn't worth eating. I'm sure there are some quince fans
> > on this list, and the trees can be very pretty, but still. . .I'd give
> > the fig a try.
>
> Im leaning toward a fig too. They are worry free and tasty. I havent
> tasted a quince yet. They are supposed to be like hard apples? I might
> contact the quince expert and ask a few questions before I plant.
> > Ginda
> > eastern Mass., zone 6

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details