nafex - Re: [nafex] Re: Dan's reply to gypsy moth cav et.al

  • From: PermacultureNo1@aol.com
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Re: Dan's reply to gypsy moth cav et.al
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 10:54:20 EST

In a message dated 01/27/01 10:03:45 AM, madshaw@quest-net.com writes:

<< TB reply:
Oh, so naive you are!! I would like for you to document for me even one
instance of a death resulting from food-borne pesticide residues. Now look
at the THOUSANDS who die each year from microbial-based food-borne
illness. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel that the proven killers are
the bugs.
p.s. I'm no flag-waver of the chemical industry but at the same time I
recognize the importance of having effective, well regulated, and properly
used tools at hand to assist farmers in growing food to fill our stomachs.
Terence Bradshaw Pomona Tree Fruit Service
93 Stowe St PO Box 258, Chelsea, VT 05038
Waterbury, VT 05676 madshaw@quest-net.com
(802)244-0953 >>

Well if you look at who does the documenting and what their vested interests
are, you might have a clearer picture. I think you are wrong, but probably
not susceptible to being corrected. In any case, I do not autorize ANYONE,
certainly no government, to look out for my interests and health. That is my
job. I don't want to be told how my hamburger shall be cooked or what has to
happen to my food before I am allowed to eat it. Of course the best way to
take responsibility for one self is to grow one's own food or know personally
people who grow. I used to grow (+forage, hunt, fish, scrounge) virtually
everything except coffee (which I no longer drink), a bit of sugar for
preserves (couldn't afford honey then), and a bushel of wheat a year for a
family of four and it was no big deal. Now I'm away too much to keep such
systems going, but I still want to get my food without Big Brother (or his
Little Sister) telling me how it needs to be processed.

DH

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details
http://click.egroups.com/1/11231/0/_/423498/_/980610875/