nafex - Re: [nafex] Re: Dan's reply to gypsy moth cav et.al

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Re: Dan's reply to gypsy moth cav et.al
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 09:30:39 -0800

Pesticide residues are, of course, in the levels that they dont' make anyone
drop dead instantly, but what happens when they accumulate? One of the
fastest increasing diseases in the US is asthma, which is due in large part
to disruption of the immune system. How much of that is due to accumulation
of pesticides and other substances added to food which are piling up in the
liver? The liver is both the most important part of the immune system and
the filter for many of the nastiest toxins the body takes in. It's so
important, it's the only organ in the body that can re-grow. That says the
body NEEDS it. But after a while, the toxins in the liver reach levels
that interfer enough that systems start breaking down, and degenerative
diseases result. We are too deeply entrenched in pesticide use to stop all
at once, but I'll support anything that helps reduce it's use, and the use
of other substances in the food after it leaves the producer.
----------
>From: PermacultureNo1@aol.com
>To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: Re: [nafex] Re: Dan's reply to gypsy moth cav et.al
>Date: Sat, Jan 27, 2001, 7:54 AM
>

>Oh, so naive you are!! I would like for you to document for me even one
>instance of a death resulting from food-borne pesticide residues. Now look
>at the THOUSANDS who die each year from microbial-based food-borne
>illness. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel that the proven killers are
>the bugs.
>p.s. I'm no flag-waver of the chemical industry but at the same time I
>recognize the importance of having effective, well regulated, and properly
>used tools at hand to assist farmers in growing food to fill our stomachs.
>Terence Bradshaw Pomona Tree Fruit Service
>93 Stowe St PO Box 258, Chelsea, VT 05038
>Waterbury, VT 05676 madshaw@quest-net.com
>(802)244-0953 >>

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details