nafex - Re: [nafex] Napolean Cherry

  • From: jim <jmc1@epix.net>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Napolean Cherry
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 21:50:43 +0000

In the humid East, which includes your area, Tom, Napoleon (Royal Anne) tends to rain-crack excessively.  Fine flavored cherry, but why put up with that cracking tendency?  Emperor Francis is very similar in size, productivity, flavor, etc., and is much less subject to cracking.  Bob Andersen's new 'White Gold' I think is likely to replace Emperor Francis here in the East;  it's from the Stella x Emperor Francis cross;  self-fruitful; at least as crack-resistant as Emperor Francis; and late blooming.

//Jim
www.cumminsnursery.com

Thomas Olenio wrote:

Hi,

Can anyone tell me more about the Napolean cherry from experience?

All I know is that it is a yellow cherry.

What is the habit, disease resistance, fruit type and quality.

Just heard a fellow talking about it on the radio, and had to leave the
room for a minute.

Regards,
Tom

--