nafex - [nafex] Re: Global warming? Where's the proof?

  • From: "Christopher Mauchline" <mauch1@aol.com>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Re: Global warming? Where's the proof?
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 17:37:50 -0000

I'm somewhere in between the current positions on global warming and
the "dangers" thereto. I'd think it kind of neat to grow oranges in
my backyard.

And personally, I wouldn't buy a shore house right now.

I believe the "majority" of climate scientists now believe there is
global warming going on (defined as the average air temp of globe is
rising), but there still are significant numbers of dissenters
(scientist) to this theory and they're not just fringe "crackpots".

However, I think we could agree on these:

Humans have raised the average level of CO2 in our atomosphere
significantly.

"If things continue as they are" - the avg concentration of CO2 will
double in the next 50 years.

Increased CO2 generally causes plants to grow faster.

If you want to know how this may affect animal life (studies of
mainly insects and ruminants) -
http://www.sciencenews.org/20000325/bob1.asp

Chris Mauchline
SE PA, zone 6