nafex - Re: [nafex] Antique Pears

  • From: mike tomlinson <tugger@netreach.net>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Antique Pears
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 14:32:14 -0500

Claude and others
Thanks for the comment re Brandy/Brandywine. Cole, in 1848, described it as
follows (in part):"...melting, of a sweet, rich, excellent flavor." Doesn't
sound like a perry pear. He further said " Origin, Chaddsford, Pa." which, I
can tell you, is right on the Brandywine River. So, no match. Oh, well,
that's part of the fun of the search.
Mike