nafex - RE: [nafex] Re: Rabbits

  • From: "Gord Hawkes" <logcabinorchard@cyberus.ca>
  • To: <nafex@egroups.com>
  • Subject: RE: [nafex] Re: Rabbits
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 12:30:56 -0500

We have used spiral tree wraps (work well on young trees - less than 4
years) but must be removed in spring. They do however become brittle over
time. We have also used hardware cloth (metal screening used in the
construction trade) can be kept on the tree year round provided enough room
is left to accommodate growth. This year we tried aluminum window
screening - we'll see how effective it is once the winter is over. We're
hopeful the window screening will prove to be effective as it is easy to
apply and can be kept on year round as it breathes and allows sunlight
penetration.

Seasons greetings,

Gord Hawkes
Log Cabin Orchard