nafex - Re: [nafex] airlayering

  • From: "Dr. Chiranjit Parmar" <parmarch@vsnl.com>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] airlayering
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 11:00:46 +0530

I do not think that there can be any universal recommendation. It varies
from species to species. So some trials are needed.

But in most cases IBA in powder are used. Commercial preparations are
quite popular and effective even if the manufacturers instructions are
followed.

We I have to try it on a new species, I use 2, 4 and 6 thousand ppm.

C. Parmar
Mandi, HP India.

At 08:13 PM 12/11/00 -0500, you wrote:

>=============================
>

>air layering
>---------------
>
>Have you information on the use of rooting hormones on layer
>site when *air layering* hardy trees.
>
>Especially regarding:
>-use of solution or dry powder
>-seasonal differences in concentrations
>-solution soaking of media
>
>regards
>Joel

Dr. Chiranjit Parmar
Horticultural Consultant on Lesser Known Indian Plants
186/3 Jail Road
Mandi HP 175 001
INDIA.
Phone:01905-22810 Mobile: 98160-22810 Fax;01905-25419
E-mail; parmarch@vsnl.com

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/0/_/423498/_/976599595/