nafex - Re: [nafex] Two apple questions

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Two apple questions
  • Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 14:24:27 -0800

I know Nick and saw him at the Home Orchard Society meeting this fall. He
is still at it, but I'm worried about him. He's a very nice fellow, but
very overweight, and has aged very noticeably in the last year. I don't
feel it's polite to ask directly about his health, but the change in his
appearance worries me.
-Lon Rombough
Grapes, unusual fruits, writing, consulting, more, at
http://www.hevanet.com/lonrom

----------
>From: Sam Franc <franc@harborside.com>
>To: nafex@egroups.com
>Subject: Re: [nafex] Two apple questions
>Date: Sat, Nov 11, 2000, 2:19 PM
>

>Nick Botner, who collects and sells hundreds of
>> heirloom varieties carries it on his list --- or at least he did three
>> years
>> ago when I got my latest list from him.  I am not sure that Nick is still
>> in
>> the business, although maybe one of our distinguished members from PNW
>> would
>> know.  From year to year, Nick does not have all his varieties on
>> rootstocks
>> for sale, but he also sells scionwood, and I think he would do custom
>> grafting if asked to do so.  Nick is at 4015 Eagle Valley Rd., Yoncalla, OR
>> 97499, tel. 541-849-2781.

No bidding, no
guesswork. Just
great fares at Hotwire.