nafex - Re: [nafex] Doughnut peach

  • From: "J. Rosano II" <GIANNI-2@prodigy.net>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Doughnut peach
  • Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 13:56:16 -0400

Wow!, Thanks Ed!
You mean if you receive a stick mebbe 3/8ths diameter from a nursery, in the
following season you'll possibly see fruit setting from yearwood????
If so... Lordy, that's swell!
An even dumber question follows...
So Stark bros claim to dwarf peaches would be? Now ya lost me? So these are
short lived trees?
Ed can you kill a standard peach by cutting it back too much. I don't mean
by hacking it away to nothing but to the main butt or trunk but keep lopping
off the topgrowth and holding a small compact short habit. Will this effect
the mortality in a standard, even if the roots are free to move along
ordinarily.
Thanks for the wisdom from the reaches of heaven over there. : )

Best wishes,
Gianni
Ed & Pat Fackler wrote:

> My response-------------
>
> John, firstly there exists no "good" or reliably long-lived dwarfing
> stock for
> peach.
>
> Secondly, most all peach/nectarine bear incredibly quick as
> flower/fruit buds
> form on one-year wood.
>
> Ed, So. Indiana, heaven, etc.

> > wsm311@aol.com wrote: