nafex - Re: [nafex] Fireside

  • From: Don Carlo <gverdi2@excite.com>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Fireside
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 18:51:33 -0700 (PDT)

Fireside B, on the other hand, is grafted onto two Antanovka rootstocks
here, has a lovely orangish-red glow, appears even a bit striped, and tastes
absolutely great: Slightly tart, good crunch, overtones of flavor
complexity.

THIS IS FIRESIDE FOR SURE. I HAVE 3 NOW (LOST A NICE ONE TO A BORER), BUT
THE DESCRIPTION FITS IT EXACTLY. A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO, I TOOK SOME OVER TO
HILLCREST NURSERY IN CABOT FOR AN APPLE TASTING AND IT WAS THE ONE SELECTED
MOST FREQUENTLY AS THE PREFERRED APPLE BY THOSE WHO TASTED IT.

IMO FIRESIDE IS THE CHOICEST APPLE YOU CAN GROW HERE IN ZONE 3.

YOUR FIRESIDE B AND CONELL RED SOUND LIKE ONE AND THE SAME APPLE - CONNELL
RED IS A RED SPORT OF FIRESIDE. IT'S NOT AS GOOD THOUGH, AND HERE IN
NORTHERN NEW ENGLAND RIPENS VERY LATE.

REGARDS,
ARMANDO BONA

Say Bye to Slow Internet!