nafex - [nafex] Mycorrhizae (not on apples)

  • From: jhecksel@voyager.net
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Mycorrhizae (not on apples)
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 15:57:12 -0700

Hello all:

Discovery magazine had an article on truffles. $200/pound!!!! That is
$650/kg Canadian!!!! The French versions grow on hazelnut and oak
roots. The West Coast variant grow on Douglas Fir roots. They are a
mycorrhizae. Does anybody have any experience with them? Does anybody
know of a low cost source of viable spore? The only source I saw wanted
$50 for enough to inoculate 1,000,000 Douglas Fir seedlings. I would
rather have the hazel/oak type.

--

-Joe Hecksel
Eaton Rapids,

The appeal of cults is that they have all the answers.
The appeal of religion is that it teaches us how to ask the right
questions.

Get FREE long-distance phone calls on Tellme!
Click here for the scoop:
http://click.egroups.com/1/9531/15/_/423498/_/971294079/