nafex - Re: [nafex] Peaches

  • From: DocKW@aol.com
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Peaches
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 18:37:03 EDT

GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds! Get rates
Apply NOW!
http://click.egroups.com/1/9146/15/_/423498/_/968711829/

If you are gonna have only two peaches , then , in my opinion, call a good
nursery and buy a Belle of Georgia and a Red Haven and have some great
peaches in a year or two...why graft rootstock that is so old and will be
stunted???
Stark had a variety no longer offered that I have never had the likes of
ever...Halberta Giant.. A huge yellow flesh peach which was a freestone and
as meaty and any canned peach. And flavor that can't be beat. Your white
peaches have more aroma, but that doesn't process well. I lost my only copy
of the Halberta this spring to borers....
Best of luck,
Karl Olson, Zone 5 CT

  • [nafex] Peaches, Christopher Mauchline, 09/11/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: [nafex] Peaches, DocKW, 09/11/2000