nafex - [nafex] Pacific Rose apple?

  • From: Gene Spears <Spears@LMC.edu>
  • To: "'nafex@egroups.com'" <nafex@egroups.com>
  • Subject: [nafex] Pacific Rose apple?
  • Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 09:12:12 -0400

Spend your money on the things you enjoyÂ…NOT your bills.
Join beMANY! get LOW rates on your long distance TODAY.
Click for details.
http://click.egroups.com/1/6840/15/_/423498/_/968072802/

A recent & tasty addition to the local supermarkets is the "Pacific
Rose" apple. Anyone have any culture info on this variety? It must be
fairly new - not in the old "Fruit....Inventory".

On a related matter, I've noticed something about apple varieites
that make it big time & show up in the supermarket chains. When they first
came out, I couldn't find a mediocre Fuji or Braeburn apple - all tasted
great. But after a couple of years, most of the ones I now buy from the
market are mealy & bland. Maybe there's a law, the "Law of Diminishing
Quality", that states that as an apple becomes more widely cultivated (and
stored) its average (consumer) quality invariably drops. Oh, well, I guess
that's why we grow them......

gene
spears@lmc.edu