nafex - Re: [nafex] Pacific Rose apple?

  • From: jim <jmc1@epix.net>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Pacific Rose apple?
  • Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2000 10:02:46 +0000

Spend your money on the things you enjoyÂ…NOT your bills.
Join beMANY! get LOW rates on your long distance TODAY.
Click for details.
http://click.egroups.com/1/6840/15/_/423498/_/968075843/

Pacific Rose comes from the New Zealand breeding program out of the Gala x
Splendour family. It was tested as 2085. It will be a real centerpiece in
ENZA marketing for a few years at least. Pacific Rose will not be released
outside New Zealand except on a tight contract basis for production here in
the US, the fruit to be marketed by ENZA. Except for those few contracted
growers, any trees of Pacific Rose will be bootleg.

One interesting side issue: We all are familiar with the extreme fire blight
susceptibility of Gala. Splendour is the most resistant to fire blight of any
fruiting variety we ever tested.

Jim Cummins
Geneva