nafex - [nafex] Mandarin Melon Berry?

  • From: Gene Spears <Spears@LMC.edu>
  • To: "'nafex@egroups.com'" <nafex@egroups.com>
  • Subject: [nafex] Mandarin Melon Berry?
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 09:17:30 -0400

I'm thinking of purchasing a "Mandarin Melon Berry" (no scientific
name given) from Oregon Exotics - actually 2, since the males & females are
separate. They're pretty expensive though ($25 each) & I wanted to see if
anyone has first-hand experience with the trees. As always, the catalog
description sounds very nice ("sweet, papaya melon flavor", "supple skin &
flesh is melting", "spectacular"), but when $50 is involved, I'd like some
2nd opinions.

I'm also considering a tuber-producing plant "Yacon" (Polymnia
sonchifolia). Any feedback on this plant?

gene
spears@lmc.edu
western NC, 4000 ft, zone 6 - cool & usually wet

Install today:
http://click.egroups.com/1/6347/0/_/423498/_/966517968/