nafex - [nafex] RE: quince cultivars

  • From: "Joseph D. Postman" <postmanj@ucs.orst.edu>
  • To: "'nafex@egroups.com'" <nafex@egroups.com>
  • Subject: [nafex] RE: quince cultivars
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 13:47:03 -0700 (PDT)

Regarding the recent discussion about quince cultivars. Below, FYI, I
have copied a list of the quince clones that are presently available at
the USDA germplasm repository. Many of these are rootstock clones, but we
do have a fair number of the cultivars that are grown for fruit. Small
quantities of scionwood are available, although Canadian requests may
require an import permit. We hope to continue to expand this collection
to represent additional European, Russian and eastern Asian cultivars.
Several are already being processed through the USDA quarantine program in
Beltsville.

To get more background info on any of these clones, visit our web site
and follow either the 'Cydonia' link, or the 'Catalogs' link.
(http://www.ars-grin.gov/cor) The cultivar names on our web catalogs link
to accession history data - Joseph

Joseph D. Postman, Plant Pathologist
USDA/Agricultural Research Service
National Clonal Germplasm Repository
Corvallis, Oregon USA
postmanj@bcc.orst.edu

Accession
Number Plant Name
-------- --------------------

15.001 BA-29
75.001 Bereczki [Beretskiquitte]
90.001 Cooke's Jumbo
78.001 Ekmek
18.001 Fontenay
91.001 Gamboa
77.001 Harron
79.001 Limon
85.001 Orange
12.001 Pigwa 1
61.001 Pigwa 1
13.001 Pigwa 2
62.001 Pigwa 2
14.001 Pigwa 3
63.001 Pigwa 3
9.001 Pillnitz 1
10.001 Pillnitz 2
11.001 Pillnitz 3
20.001 Pillnitz 5
59.001 Pineapple
76.001 Portugiesische Birnquitta
60.001 Provence (BA 29-C)
95.001 Pseudocydonia sinensis
16.001 Quince A
89.001 Quince A
64.001 Quince A
65.001 Quince C7/1
66.001 Quince E
57.001 Quince S
29.001 Quince W
102.001 Rich
81.001 Seker Gevrek
87.001 Smyrna
80.001 Tekkes
93.001 Tencara Pink
71.001 Teplovskaya
88.001 Van Damen
22.001 W-4
23.001 WF-17

1. Complete Easy Application For A First Freedom Visa Card
2. Get A 0% Interest-No Security Deposit-No Late Fee Visa Card
3. Enjoy Up To $7500.00 LimitÂ…..Everyone Is Approved
http://click.egroups.com/1/8397/0/_/423498/_/966458825/