nafex - Re: [nafex] Black Walnut skin removal

  • From: "Bill Russell" <shaman@penn.com>
  • To: <nafex@egroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Black Walnut skin removal
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 17:53:39 -0400

Around here we learn to dance "The Walnut Stomp." You put on your old
clodhoppers in the morning, lay out the green walnuts on some little
traveled back road, and jump, hop, skip and romp on the nuts 'till the hulls
come off. Then you kick them off to the side of the road to dry for the rest
of the day in the sunshine. In early evening you go back and gather them up,
those that the squirrels left.

Bill, Zone5