nafex - Re: [nafex] ROUNDUP

  • From: "Gordon C. Nofs" <gcnofs@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] ROUNDUP
  • Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2000 10:27:09 EDT

Doreen
You can use litmus paper to check your water. I use my cheap garden PH
tester. It is not very accurate they say. I know my well water is high PH. I
always wondered why my roundup was taking so long to work or not work at
all. I use Acid used to lower PH in swimming pools. Others use powered
citric acid. Like in fruit drinks. They also have meters that cost around
$200
Gordon

That's very interesting about pH affecting the viability of sprays. Would
you say that water that is mechanically softened by running it over resin
pellets washed in salt is high pH? If so, that may explain a few things in
my garden!
Doreen Howard