nafex - Re: ads on the [nafex] list

  • From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: Ginda Fisher <ginda@concentric.net>
  • Subject: Re: ads on the [nafex] list
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 00:40:59 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

You should check with you ISP and see if they offer PINE for reading
email. It offers nothing but straight text reading, and your email never
leaves the server. It is much faster, and you never see any ads.

No risk of ever getting a virus with pine either, as all you email work is
done on your ISP's server.

It is simple to learn, but since the world seems to demand a graphical
user interface, most people will not be bothered with it.

That is the only true means to avoid email problems.

Regards,
Tom

--
Thomas Olenio