nafex - Re: [nafex] Rotten Grapes

  • From: "Jack Wigal" <kr8z@citynet.net>
  • To: <nafex@egroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Rotten Grapes
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 21:53:01 -0400

Lon,
I guess I never looked at them close enough to give a really good
description of my problem but I remember they look as if they are ripening
when they get the disease. Don't know if they get hard or not. One other
thing that may help, 1988, which was probably the hottest dryest year we
ever had here (at least to that point) was the best year my grapes ever had.
I thought last year was a good year but a late frost wiped them out so I
didn't get to check out my dry weather idea. I have already done some
of the pruning Don Yellman suggested as they are growing like crazy. Maybe
just getting the sun to shine on them a little better will help. Can't
remember who asked me, but the vines grow great, only the grapes show signs
of the disease. Thanks to all you for ur help, and any more ideas that may
follow. Will let u know if I make any progress. Jack