nafex - [nafex] Re: Rotten Grapes

  • From: "Christopher Mauchline" <mauch1@aol.com>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Re: Rotten Grapes
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 13:51:29 -0000

Actually in my experience its more likely to be black rot on
Concord. BR on Concord initially looks brownish red (often a cirular
lesion on part of the grape berry) like they might be ripening. The
only part that doesn't match is that you say they rot at the end. BR
usually makes black shriveled mummies of the grapes (like raisins,
but hard). According to the Penn State's Small Scale Fruit
Production site:
http://ssfruit.cas.psu.edu/chapter6/chapter6g.htm

Concord has low susceptibility to Downy Mildew and Bunch Rot and is
very susceptible to Black Rot and Powdery Mildew (although I've never
seen PM on Concord)

There's a spray schedule at:
http://everest.ento.vt.edu/Fruitfiles/grape-fruit-ipm.html
with listed chemicals effective for BR (click on the Commercial link)

Chris Mauchline
SE PA, zone 6

http://www.hevanet.com/lonrom

http://click.egroups.com/1/4473/0/_/423498/_/959781145/