msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Press coverage of accident

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Irvin Lichtenstein " <ilichten1@verizon.net>
  • To: "'Mounted search and rescue'" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Press coverage of accident
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 00:35:32 -0400

The story is being carried nationally and is making the cycle on the local TV and all news radio station with one fact left out—the fatality was, according to the wire story, the driver’s spouse, not a civilian.  Again, according to the wire story, she was on the seat next to him and was ejected when the vehicle hit a street sign and overturned.

The drive may have been overconfident but I doubt that he would have deliberately endangered his spouse, whoever his passengers were, the public, and his team.

This also makes it look like a spectator died, which has not happened yet.

(As a participant in the Philadelphia Parade we were mailed a 13 page briefing document (rules, maps, timetables, phone numbers, agreements), plus forms to complete that indicated who was responsible for the unit, insurance, and emergency contacts.)

Irv Lichtenstein