msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Amazing and so sad.

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Lila Corey" <Caballera@embarqmail.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Amazing and so sad.
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 07:34:52 -0400

Karen,
My neighbors always fire off too- I have just gotten so I put my horses up in the barn earlier that day in preparation for it.  It is a real nuisance as well as hazard, fire and safety.

I used to be in charge of the "equine" part of our towns parades, (that came in response of a drunk rider one year)-- and due to my pleading, they finally quit throwing candy in the streets, (which is a horrible safety hazard period, with cars, bands, and horses) ---- the bad thing is,  when an accident occurs involving horses, I guarantee you someone will decide now to ban horses from the parade- that is what happened in one of our local town's parades...

Lila