msar-riders - [MSAR] Illini-Indy border storms

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Karen Nesbitt <spanishequines@yahoo.com>
  • To: MSAR <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>, "Mounted search and rescue in Illinois USA." <msar-il@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Illini-Indy border storms
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 06:00:15 -0700 (PDT)

You can tell its going to be an intense stormy day by days end  when a peice of debris comes floating out of no where and there is little to no breeze with it and the sun is shining all around you.

Illinois and the Indiana border yesterday suffered a large line of storms from north to south that slowly moved eastward.  Trying to get out of that sqwuall line if you were traveling south  ON the border and eastward in the area was impossible for those in the area.  Torrential rains and trees were downed.  Lots of ligthning.  Numerous tree branches were on the roads and visibility in the rain driving was difficult.  Powerlines were down in some areas.  The storms there were rather intense and the line of storms long  came with wind gusts and pouring rain.

In our area, the Iroqouis River is up.at Routes 1 and 24. If we get much more rain there roads in that area may get flooded.  As it is, there is a lot of ponding in the area in fields as it is low lying land since the area is built up with homes on a lake bed and water table is high normally.

As of late, we have been experiencing 1 inch to more rains just about every three to four days making it difficult at best for farmers to get hay up.   Other crops are suffering being to wet in the lower areas.  And other than that vegetation is flourishing at a good rate.

Trees are ever growing into highlines caung issues to communications and computers can flick and we often get poweroutages in storms. More  people need to get after trimmers to take care of the trees in lines to help everyone not suffer from power outages and communication failures.    Been told by the cell phone companies the density of trees make it difficult for cell  phone users to communicate.

Mosquito season is very intense now and just another GOOD REASON to CLEAN UP THOSE PENS AND BARNS!

Previously hit areas of Dwight and Streator and the disaster declared counties are still cleaning up the mess tornaoes left them 2 weeks ago.

  Karen Nesbitt - VMSAR - Iroqouis County, Illinois

  • [MSAR] Illini-Indy border storms, Karen Nesbitt, 06/19/2010