msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] board members

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: pennbo@verizon.net
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] board members
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 23:29:30 -0600 (CST)

Ultimately your Sheriff's coordinator or representative would be the best person to answer this question. In our case we train- and we DOCUMENT that training. In today's sue happy world training documentation is your lifeline and your security. If you can prove that you- and your mount- are qualified for the job you are doing you are much better covered. I don't know how the good Samaritan act works in your state, or if it does, but it would also cover you to some extent. Our county is very adamant about training, for both us and our equines, and about documentation of that training so that they can better protect us in the case of a tragedy.

Talk to your Sheriff's liaison.
Chris