msar-riders - [MSAR] Newbie to the List

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Trailriding-Texas - OA" <trlrider2@trailriding-texas.us>
  • To: <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Newbie to the List
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 19:21:12 -0600

Hello,

The name here is Louis Upton from Seguin, TX - about 35 miles east of San Antonio! My current interest are in Emergency Communications, MSAR and other beneficial community services utilizing equestrian and communication skills! Putting together my enjoyment of horses, radio communications and a desire to serve the community, has shown some great benefits.  One of my goals eventually, will be to put together a viable team for the South Central Texas Area!  Our county has recently created a VOAD Council, which some shows quite a bit of promise and the possibility of great diversification of ideals and skills!

In the meantime, if I can, there is an event coming up in January, involving a 100K marathon, in the Texas Hill Country at Hill Country State Natural Area outside of Bandera, TX.  We have provided equestrian support for this event for the last 7 years, as well as organized Amateur Radio communications the last 4 years!  For the 2009 event, we are still in need of some good riders and radio operators to volunteer!  For additional information, I can be contacted off-list at trlrider2 at trailriding-texas dot us.  The last couple of years, we have been instrumental in bringing injured runners in off the trails and always on stand-by for night searches for lost and/or missing runners!  A good opportunity to exercise MSAR training in a rugged environment!

I am looking forward to reading back in the Archives learning and reading future posts!

Thank You,

Louis Upton