msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Feeding horse during a mission (Was: Still here)

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Lila Corey" <Caballera@embarqmail.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Feeding horse during a mission (Was: Still here)
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 10:42:20 -0400

I was thinking out all night? ----- Original Message ----- From: "Una Smith" <una.smith@att.net>
To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2008 10:00 AM

Lila Corey wrote:
I had a question regarding your technique with horse feed if you
are out all night. I figure we could pack a baggie of grain, but
do you feed hay stretcher, or alfalfa cubes in this instance,
(I hate to change diet on horses)

Lila, are you thinking out all night as in away from home, or as
in away from the staging area? That can make a big difference.