msar-riders - [MSAR] FW: 260 lb. Mountain Lion 70 miles NW of Abilene-WOW!!!!!!

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: The Hitchn Post <hitchnup@msn.com>
  • To: <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] FW: 260 lb. Mountain Lion 70 miles NW of Abilene-WOW!!!!!!
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 17:47:42 -0600

Since everyone is talking about Mountain lions here's one for the record books.

Pam Williams

From: dawhipples@q.com
To: amygoeser@beyondbb.com; darrick.whipple@ut.nacdnet.net; sgfdwhipple@sgcity.org; zionvet@earthlink.net; jholm@ironcounty.net; jatwhipple@msn.com; rjcbbds7@beyondbb.com; interiorsbykathy@yahoo.com; spryor@sercpas.com; tc@bradshawchevy.com; hitchnup@msn.com
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 18:13:17 +0000

Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 11:14:45 -0600
From: lindaleehoward@gmail.com
To: dawhipples@q.com; suzannewhalen@aol.com

"A Bad word whispered will echo a hundred miles"

Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts.--Charles Dickens

260 lb. Mountain Lion 70 miles NW of Abilene

Near Swenson , Texas

(about 70 miles NW of Abilene)

Look at what James Snipe hit with his car on county road 328 north of Swenson Texas in Stonewall County . The lion was   still alive but unable to move, so our neighbor called animal control and they came and put him down. A land owner had seen this one a week before dragging off a 320 lb steer. Our neighbor is an amateur taxidermist and he's going to stuff him. This one weighed 260 lbs. while most mature   males mountain lions weigh 80 to 150 lbs. We had no idea they still roamed around here!

  • [MSAR] FW: 260 lb. Mountain Lion 70 miles NW of Abilene-WOW!!!!!!, The Hitchn Post, 08/19/2008