msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Flushing lurkers

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <msar@ibiblio.org>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Flushing lurkers
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 11:35:41 -0400

Thanks for the kudos, folks, but I can't take all the credit. What
makes MSAR-Riders work is *you*.

We all have a lot to gain by introducing ourselves and reporting on
what we are doing, MSAR-wise. Think how much you have learned from
others here; others may have just as much to learn from you, so
please don't be shy. Speak up!

I spend a lot of time on outreach. You can help me with that too.
The MSAR units web site directory[1] now has over 350 links, but I
estimate that is under (maybe far under) half the volunteer mounted
SAR units in operation. Many of those units have limited training,
typically because they are isolated from the larger SAR community.
If you encounter other units at training events or missions, please
tell them about MSAR-Riders, maybe even hand out a printout of our
blurb[2]. The same goes for spontaneous volunteers and others you
meet who ask to know more about MSAR: tell them about MSAR-Riders.

Una

[1] http://www.ibiblio.org/msar/units/
[2] http://www.ibiblio.org/msar/msar-riders.html