msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Flushing lurkers

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Jeff Ezell <eztech@pdq.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Flushing lurkers
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 19:03:00 -0500

Una,

YOU DO A GREAT JOB MANAGING THIS LIST. People dropping out is not a negative thing, their interest has probably changed. That happens in life. You are always ready with good info and encouragement, as are other list contributors. It's one of the better SAR list. We appreciate your efforts.

Jeff Ezell
Houston

On Fri Oct 12 18:40 , MSAR <msar@ibiblio.org> sent:

David Skofstad wrote:
>I suspect the recent increase in activity is flushing out
>less-interested lurkers.

I suspect so too. It also flushes *in* web lurkers who are interested
and subscribe in order to post something. You see no misdirected
administrivia from them because posts from non-subscribers are routed
directly to the listadmin address for me to deal with.

At some point everyone involved in MSAR will know about MSAR-Riders
and will have joined or not, as they like; when that happens we will
reach some sort of steady state, but for now MSAR-Riders still is in
a growing phase.

Una
: