msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] UNA's QUESTION's

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Thor Burfine" <thor@inspectra.net>
  • To: "'Mounted search and rescue'" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] UNA's QUESTION's
  • Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 11:49:11 -0500

"What is the one thing that many of us can do to help save a life EVEN when we cannot be there on a search to help another?"

Spread the word...

TES had a call out at 9:47 for a missing 13yr old in south Houston this morning.

If you know people in that area call them and tell them.

The only "Pay" I get for searching, is the hug, hand shakes, and smiles from the family, friends, and LE.

I am an IT consultant, so when I go search, I go off the clock and don't even get a pay check
or get to use vacation time.

And as for "Pay", I pay to go search.

Lost pay
Fuel (ouch at $2.89 per gallon for bio-diesel)
Wear and tear on the truck, trailer, tack or 4-wheeler or boat

So yes I am a pay searcher, I pay about $285.00 per day if I am local
otherwise its about 400 per day.

Caution Rant Follows:

People that get paid to search, stop your whining, You should be glad that people are willing to pay, loose
pay, loose their jobs (I have lost 2 different jobs), and such to come help you.