msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] whiplash

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Pennbo's <pennbo@verizon.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] whiplash
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 15:39:14 -0700

but I suffered whiplash 3 years ago when I was run off the interstate at 75mph. Thank God for seatbelts! I don't need to go into the grusome and ugly details here, just wanted to say that it is not so uncomfortable to wear a helmet even after whiplash...and if you are THAT worried about your neck (most cowboy hats won't stay on during a bad wreck anyway) might I suggest a neck brace?

Good points Lona. Thanks for sharing that. I guess somewhere I should've added that I had a horse accident a number of years ago that resulted in tearing my trapezius- where it attaches to the skull. Having suffered from whiplash as well from a car accident I can tell you this was much more intense! OUCH! However I always wore my helmet after that. Why? Because if I had NOT been wearing my helmet when the accident happened I would most likely be dead. Some discomfort is much preferable to not ever being able to feel anything again!

Chris Pennington