msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Rescuing on horseback

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Jorene Downs" <Jorene@CEOates.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Rescuing on horseback
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 21:53:23 -0800

From: John Mattson
Hello all, I am trying to do some research on horseback rescue, and was trying to learn possible methods for rescue and transportation of an injured person. [...] <

Yosemite National Park mounted has been performing mounted rescue (subject is a passenger in the saddle) for years. This process is taught by them locally, and I have also been teaching the class around the country. Trying to establish consistency and provide a common source for developing this kind of training, Mounted Rescue is now being addressed as an international standard - in progress - through ASTM. www.astm.org

I haven't nailed down yet which classes I'll be teaching at the NASAR conference www.nasar.org in NC the end of May, but Mounted Rescue will be one of them.

I won't be teaching this class, but will teach others, at SARCON near Reno, NV, April 12-13. www.washoesar.com

~ ~ ~ ~
Jorene Downs