msar-riders - [MSAR] Rescuing on horseback

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "John Mattson" <rjohnmatts@hotmail.com>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] Rescuing on horseback
  • Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 20:19:02 -0700

Hello all, I am trying to do some research on horseback rescue, and was trying to learn possible methods for rescue and transportation of an injured person. All that I have been able to learn is that their is a litter carry method, and a double carry method. Would anyone be able to detail these approaches and how they are used today. Also, I was wondering about the historical methods of rescuing injured persons, prior to airlift. Are there any books or does anyone have any knowledge of this topic? Thanks for a response,
John Mattson

Find what you need at prices you’ll love. Compare products and save at MSN® Shopping.