msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Orange shirts?

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "T'mi Fi" <tfinkle@erols.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Orange shirts?
  • Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 09:25:19 -0500

Hi Chris,

I am not sure what kind of uniform shirts they are specifically interested in, solid orange or a solid color with orange reflective tape/trim? Our team had looked into the high visibility products sold by Working Class Clothes <http://www.workingclassclothes.com/SAFETY.htm> I hope this is helpful.

FYI: We decided to use a lightweight custom ordered (zippered front) orange vests with 2.5 inch enhanced visibility trim that have a few pockets (not a load bearing vest) and comes in different sizes. We had the words Search & Rescue added on the back of the vest on our team logo on the front. Our team uses the vest as the outermost garment, which can be worn regards of weather conditions.

Tomi`

TROTSAR Mounted Team
www.trotsar.org
888-MSAR911 (24/7 emergency dispatch)
Subject: [MSAR] Orange shirts?

HI, I have a couple of mounted units that are looking for a good quality
orange shirt for missions. Our unit doesn't use them but I said I would help
do some research. Can anyone recommend any in particular? I've done some
searching and found a couple of potentially workable ones but first-hand
experiences would be nice. It would also be nice to find some that are
either cut wide at the bottom or come in both mens and womens sizing. Both
units are about evenly split gender-wise.

Thanks
Chris Pennington