msar-riders - [MSAR] WHEN YOUR VOTE ON NAIS DOES NOT COUNT AND HOW IT HURTS A VOLUNTEER MSAR

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Karen Nesbitt <spanishequines@yahoo.com>
  • To: MSAR <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] WHEN YOUR VOTE ON NAIS DOES NOT COUNT AND HOW IT HURTS A VOLUNTEER MSAR
  • Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 12:46:22 -0800 (PST)

Message: 2
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 17:46:41 -0500
From: "IRVIN LICHTENSTEIN" <ilichten1@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [MSAR] NAIS (OT)
To: "'Mounted search and rescue'" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>

My thoughts are not publishable on a family list.

Irv L.
--------->>

HERE here!!  While the language I would like to use on this subject is publishable on ANY family list,  the thoughts of millions of backyarders, from equestrians, to  backyard chicken coops, to dog owners and  many others WILL NEVER COME TO SURFACE AND IT WILL BE TOO LATE and there in lies the rub.  IF WE DO NOT SPEAK OUT, our hands and freedoms  will become tied.

Many have only seen the surface scratches and fail to see the real meat of the matter.

When they can tag every beast that moves from the largest to the smallest form including that of the wind which BTW can carry disease to anyones farm, then AND only then will such a ludicrus, wasteful mode of BUREUCRATIC government spending work.   It is insane to think that there is enough enforcement to support such a ridiculous program especially when quite a few of us live in areas that vetrinarians are at a severe shortage.  If you investigate the major supporters of this program, it is the companies  like
MONSANTO, TYSON and others. AND GUESS WHAT FOLKS, THOSE ARE THE ONES WHO WILL GET RICHER ON THIS PROGRAM in their efforts to monopolize their businesses

It is one thing to regulate county fairs and racing and shows, however a different thing to
infringe on people who raise thier own food or share a property where they ride or to just take a leisure ride down the road on any given day.

MY VOTE, if there ever was to be such a thing.. would be ABSOLUTELY NO.    But then this is an issue that may not be ours to vote on.. It is one of those in your face programs
that sqwueek in.

As for VOLUNTARY...I am a voulunteer MSAR
 who will VOLUNTARILY go help in a search...

Since when does VOLUNTARY all of a sudden become a mandatory thing...only in the DEPARMENT OF AG....ONCE you volunteer, you sucomb to the terror of being MANDATORY.  AND IF YOU ARE NOT INVLOVED IN THE DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE YOU HAVE NO CLUE AS TO WHAT I AM SAYING HERE.

There for, as a volunteer MSAR, I will resign from  my "commission" to help those in desperation and need and  will no longer offer my time, my animal, my resources, my skills, my personal kindnesses, etc should a program such NAIS  become a reality. It prohibits my freedoms as a PRIVATE UNITED STATES CITIZEN. It is census -ship (Yes, I said CENSUS-ship, not censor) to which voilates privacy and it causes undue hardships in its enforcements there of.  And yes, it is censorship, too, when we cannot voice our true opinions of such programs be we volunteers or persons involved in another capacity.

LASTLY, WE ARE IN THE MINORITY WHEN IT COMES TO THOSE OF US WHO OWN AGRICULTURE ANIMALS, BE IT PIG, HORSE, SHEEP, EXOCTICS, BOVINE, ETC...... THIS ALONE IS A TERRIFYING THOUGHT AS PEOPLE WHO LITERALLY DO NOT KNOW WHERE THEIR FOOD COMES FROM AND WHAT THOSE OF US IN THE AGRICULTURAL SECTOR HAVE TO DO TO GET IT TO THEIR TABLE OR OUR OWN BE WE PRIVATE PRODUCERS or LARGER...

 ..THOSE NON-ANIMAL OWNERS WILL UNWITTINGLY  SUPPORT  THE NAIS  OR ANY PROGRAM LIKE IT THINKING IT IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO. IT TRULY IS NOT A PROGRAM FOR EVERY SECTOR OF AGRICULTURE AND GEARED MORE TOWARDS BIG BUSINESS.  IT IS ALSO WRONG TO THINK THAT IN THE INTERSTED OF SECURITY THAT SUCH A PROGRAM WILL WORK.

IT WILL FORCE NATIONALLY THE SMALL FARMERS,  AND LIVESTOCK OWNERS OUT OF BUSINESS AND OWNERSHIP.  IT IS ALREADY REAKING HAVOC IN THE EXPORT INDUSTRY AND  THE SITUATION WILL ONLY WORSEN IF THE PROGRAM IS ALLOWED.   IF YOU THINK THE COURTS ARE TIED UP NOW...WAIT. AND WAIT AND WAIT.

NAIS IS A FARCE.  IT MAKES US PRISONERS ON OUR OWN FARMS AND IN OUR OWN HOMES.  IT PENALIZES THE WRONG PEOPLE AND HURTS EVERYONE.
AND FOLKS, THIS IS NOT JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION!  I AM ONLY SECONDING A SINCERE MOTION.

VOTE NO TO NAIS, AND IF YOU CANNOT VOTE, SPEAK OUT.  IT IS YOUR FREEDOM THAT IS AT STAKE.

Karen Nesbitt
SOON TO BE FORMER
VMSAR
IF NAIS COMES TO BE.

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time

  • [MSAR] WHEN YOUR VOTE ON NAIS DOES NOT COUNT AND HOW IT HURTS A VOLUNTEER MSAR, Karen Nesbitt, 02/18/2007