msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Networking via MSAR-Riders

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Ron & Tracy Helget" <helget@wamego.net>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Networking via MSAR-Riders
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 10:07:42 -0500

Una:

Thanks for the support; and you are exactly correct about people speaking up
and letting us know where they are.

I did this about two years ago when I first joined the group, and at that
time the closest responses were Osage Beach, about 6 hours from me.

The task of starting a unit by myself and trying to gain interest in the area
was daunting, so I became a lurker. I was considering removing from the list,
now I'm glad I didn't. Dana may be the connection I needed in this area to
get something going.

I have learned alot as a lurker, but I know there's lots more learn and
research. My interest is again ignited.

Tracy