msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Search Dogs & Horses

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Artstone@aol.com
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Search Dogs & Horses
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 15:57:19 -0500

[Repaired headers, deleted HTML duplicate. -Una]

on the several searches we have done, using horses with my airscent dog, the
areas were assigned in a way that did not interefere with other teams.
My dog does both scent specific and scent generic, If there is a scent
article available, he will be scented, if not, we will work regardless. my
dog if
getting scent from a search team nearby will go towards a searching party,
assess that they are working and not in trouble and not alert, just observe
for a short while and continue searching. his training for live subjects
mostly
involves finding people who are hidden and "down".he also senses whether
someone is in distress, something that is not taught but sensed.

sandy miller
goldstar k9 & mtd sar
taos nm