msar-riders - [MSAR] Hobbles

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Mary Duffy <mduffy2727@juno.com>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] Hobbles
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 17:02:49 -0500

I have purchased quite a bit on line from Wyoming Outdoor Industries.
They have lots of blaze orange stuff - including hobbles - figure 8 as
well as three legged hobbles. I will say here that the blaze orange
biothane hobbles ARE wonderful for a hobble broke horse, but not for the
training process. They also sell all kind of camp and packing supplies.
Here's a link to their site: http://wyomingoutdoor.com/

Mary C. Duffy
Lucky Rooster Farm-Registered Missouri Fox Trotting Horses
Concord, MA
http://www.angelfire.com/ok2/luckyroosterfarm/
http://masooi.org/SearchAndRescue.html

What brand(s) of 3-legged hobbles do you like and where do you
buy them? Or do you make them yourselves?

Have you ever tried the "2-legged hobbles and train them that
they are caught" method?

Una