msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] MSAR and other SAR skills

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Pennbo <pennbo@bbv.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] MSAR and other SAR skills
  • Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2005 21:20:03 -0800

HI Ian, we are trying to view ourselves as a "ground" SAR team with a specialty in Mounted SAR. Most of us are willingly called out on foot searches. (we have the same certification and training.) It makes sense because you never know when you might have to leave the horses behind and proceed on foot anyway. We also practice cross country skiing and snow shoeing- as well as winter riding. We've talked about having at least a couple of members get certified in low angle rope rescues as well to augment the teams effectiveness in the wilderness. Many of us have experience with ATVs and snowmobiles although we don't train with them.

Is this what you were looking for?

Chris Pennington
Big Bear Sheriff's Posse
MSAR