msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Mounted SAR to include ATV?

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Tm' Fi <tfinkle@erols.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Mounted SAR to include ATV?
  • Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 17:41:49 -0400

Kate- yes, I did leave out the word 'not'. MSAR mounts can get in to places ATV's will never be able to go. (sorry for the mistake). Jorene, did make a good point about Motorcycle Dirt Bikes, they are much more flexible about getting into places, under many conditions, but like the ATV's, they can't hop over a 30" tree trunk like many of us can or cross a 100 yard stretch 4 ' deep pool of standing water.
Tomi`

Una Smith wrote:

Kate Beardsley wrote:

My experience with MSAR is not the same as Tomi's -- ATVs definitely cannot go where horses can go where I live.

Tomi` left out the word "not"; to me, her meaning was clear
from the context, and from knowing her.

Una